Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Petra

Sorry I didn't write in a long time. I've been touring Petra. Petra is in Jordan. It was really fun. We first crossed the border, then we met our driver. He took us through the Wadi Rum. That's just plain sand, and mountains. It was so hot. Then he took us to our hotel, it was beautiful. We stayed in a room, that room looked like a cave. I slept on the couch.
In the morning we went to a place where you can climb the Monastery, that's 1,500 steps! I took a donkey. In the start to get to the Treasury, we took horses. Then we took camels to get to the Monastery. Then donkeys! At the top we saw an amazing view. It was really fun!
I can't wait until June 30th. When I go home I can't wait. I have another sleepover on the last day of school.
Love,
Sammy

1 comment:

Emily said...

Dear Sammy,

That was such a wonderfully vivid description of Petra. To ride donkeys and camels and horses to get somewhere. What an experience. It sounds like petra would be a great setting for a chapter book!Have fun at the last sleepover.
I love you. Granny